All the serums, lotions and conditioners in the world won’t give you the glowing skin and shiny hair you desire if your overall health and diet are a mess. Gorgeous hair, nails and skin really do start from the inside and paying attention to your overall health will pay off in many ways, including showing in your outward appearance.
Beauty starts on the inside
The tips below are not quick fixes, but if you stick with them consistently, you WILL notice a positive difference in your skin and hair over time.
- Hydrate. We can’t stress this one enough. Your body needs water, and most of us don’t drink enough of it. If you are walking around dehydrated, it takes a toll on your skin and hair. Up the number of glasses of water you drink per day, striving to reach that 8 glasses per day ideal, and your skin will thank you.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine. I know, I know. We all love our morning coffee and a glass of wine in the evening, but caffeine and alcohol are both dehydrating. Stay away from hard liquors in particular, as they are the most drying of all. Try switching to decaf coffee or herbal teas, and if you’re going to drink alcohol, do so in moderation.
- Get plenty of sleep. Our body needs time to regenerate every day. If we don’t get enough sleep, there isn’t enough time for our dead cells to be replaced by new ones. Lack of sleep will show up in the appearance of your skin very quickly. Be sure to get those ZZZs!
- Get your antioxidants. You’ve probably heard by now that antioxidants have powerful anti-aging properties, which means they are great for your skin and hair! Foods with high amounts of antioxidants include blueberries, spinach, tomatoes, kiwi and yes, even dark chocolate! So be sure to start incorporating some of these foods into your diet.
- Add some fatty acids. Omega-3 and other fatty acids have nutrients that keep your skin and hair supple and moisturized. Great sources of natural fatty acids you can add to your diet include salmon, walnuts and flaxseed.
- Take a supplement. Even if you have a healthy diet, it can be tough to get all the nutrients your body needs on a daily basis. That’s where a mineral supplement like Phyto Phytophanere comes in. It includes all the antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals that your body needs to be and look its best. It is specifically formulated to give a boost to hair, skin and nails. Other excellent supplements include Eufora Thickening Nutritional Support for hair, and Nioxin Recharge Complex designed for those with thinning hair.
Be sure to check out the hair and skin supplements available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.