Thinning hair can be a very distressing and stressful situation, eroding a person’s self-confidence and leaving them unsure how to deal with it. It’s important to realize that losing one’s hair usually isn’t a completely hopeless situation. There are steps you can take right now to slow down your hair loss, make the hair you have healthier and more full, and possibly even reverse some of the hair loss that you’ve had.
What Causes Thinning Hair?
Hair loss can by caused by a number of factors. It is important to try to determine what might be causing your thinning hair so that you can address that cause. Thinning hair may be caused by stress or trauma, genetics (i.e. you may simply be predisposed to hair loss if your parents and/or grandparents also suffered from thin hair), health issues, age, medications, diet and nutrition, or even environmental factors. If your family is not genetically predisposed to hair loss, you may want to investigate whether there is anything new in your diet, environment, new stressors, etc. that could be contributing to your hair loss.
How Can I Improve My Thinning Hair?
There are a number of steps that you can take to fight against thinning and keep your hair looking its best:
- Wash frequently. Clean hair is less weighed down by natural oils and has more volume.
- Be gentle with it. If you have thinning hair, it is important not to cause more damage by treating it too harshly. Brush gently, starting at the ends. Avoid using heat tools such as hair dryers and curling or flat irons whenever possible, and if you do use them, use a low or medium setting rather than high heat. Also be careful with overly tight ponytails and braids as they can pull at the root of your hair, causing you to lose even more strands.
- Massage your scalp. This increases blood flow and circulation, which translates to healthier hair.
- Style it for volume. By scrunching your hair as it dries and lifting it at the root as you blow dry, you can give fine hair some extra volume.
- Condition. Regular conditioning keeps hair soft and manageable, reducing breakage. We recommend Nioxin Scalp Recovery Moisturizing Conditioner for everyday use, and Phyto Phytoelixer Intense Nutrition Mask for an occasional deep, intense conditioning treatment.
- Add a hair regrowth product to your hair care regimen. We recommend the leader in hair loss treatments, Nioxin hair products. They have a full line of hair loss treatments for every type of hair, whether your thinning hair is mild or advanced, products for chemically treated hair and more. Does Nioxin work? Nioxin guarantees that you’ll notice thicker-looking hair within 30 days, with best results after 3 months of use.
- Try growth supplements. Nourish your hair from within by taking a supplement that supplies the minerals needed for healthy hair growth. We recommend Nioxin 3D Recharge Complex or Phyto Phytophanere.
Be sure to check out the full line of Phyto and Nioxin hair products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.