Whether you’re 85 or 25, it’s never too early or too late to start thinking about caring for your skin and fighting against environmental and other forces that cause lines, wrinkles, dryness and more signs of aging skin. When it comes to having glowing, supple, plump skin well into middle age and beyond, you need to practice damage prevention and repair. We’re going to discuss both.
Preventing Skin Damage and Signs of Aging Skin
Skin damage is difficult to repair, so your best line of defense is to prevent the damage from occurring in the first place, or at least prevent any further damage. Our top three tips:
- Protect yourself from the sun. The sun is the number one culprit when it comes to premature skin aging. Need proof? Look at some photos of lifelong truckers and you will see that the left side of their face which has been exposed to more sun for years, is usually far more wrinkled and drier-looking than the right. Start protecting yourself by incorporating a moisturizer with sunscreen like Lab Series BB Tinted Moisturizer into your daily routine. If you just can’t bear giving up the sun-kissed, tan look, try switching to a product like Tan Towel that will give you the appearance of a day at the beach without the sun damage.
- Stop smoking! There is a reason that heavy smokers seem to age faster than everyone else. It’s because cigarette smoke is toxic and dehydrating. Not to mention how terrible it is for your health overall.
- Cleanse gently. The last thing you want to do to your skin is to use harsh cleansers that strip away all your natural oils. Scrubbing too aggressively can also aggravate skin, which gets thinner, drier and more sensitive as we age. Switch to a gentle cleanser like Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser.
Repairing Existing Skin Damage and Signs of Aging
Regardless of how careful you have been with your skin care, there will come a day when the lines and crepiness start to creep in. There are some things you can do.
- Start using a retinol cream. Retinoids are the only compounds that have been clinically proven to increase collagen, plump skin and reduce wrinkles. A retinol cream or serum is a must in your anti-aging skin care arsenal. One of the products that has the highest concentration you can get without a prescription is Strivectin-AR Advanced Retinol Concentrated Serum.
- Start taking a mineral supplement that includes fatty acids. You can create healthier skin from the inside out by watching your diet and getting more Omega 3 fatty acids. Phyto Phytophanere is a great all-in-one supplement that will boost the health of your skin, hair and nails.
Be sure to check out the full line of skin care products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.