Summer is here, and the time is right for keeping it cool with some cute, sleek and fun hairstyles! It doesn’t matter if your hair is long, short, curly or straight – there are plenty of summer hairstyles trending for 2018 that will appeal to every length and texture. So don your tank top and favorite pair of shorts, or slip into your bikini and get ready to enjoy the sun with these great summer hair ideas.
5 Cute and Easy Summer Hair Ideas
As the temperatures rise, you might find yourself going for your old standby: the high ponytail or messy topknot. And while of course these looks are classics, there are plenty of other summer hairstyle options for beating the heat this season. What are some of the hottest summer hair ideas inspired by experts and celebrities? Here are five of our favorites:
- Tousled waves. What says summer more than beachy, tousled waves? If you’re already blessed with natural waves, feel free to let them loose this season. If your hair is on the straighter side, use some texturizing cream and a thicker curling iron to create waves with volume.
- The low pony. We understand that when it’s hot outside, an easy way to get some relief is to pull your hair high off your neck. However, one of the hottest summer trends this year is to swap out that high pony for a low one. For a classier look, you can leave out a small section of hair and wrap it around the hair tie, securing it with a bobby pin.
- A classic braid. The best part about a braid? You need almost zero skills to pull off this popular summer hair style. Spice it up a bit by pulling your hair to the side and weaving it into a classic braid, keeping it tossed over one shoulder. Gently tug on the sides of the braid until it looks fuller and flawlessly messy.
- Retro waves. That feathery, layered look from the 1970s is being revived in summer 2018. The middle part with longer, soft bangs swept back from your face completes this style. Use a curling iron to add all-over waves in front, making sure to start curling your bangs about five inches from the root for that classic swoop.
- Braided topknot. Okay, you love the topknot. We get it! It’s an easy way to get your hair off your neck and control your frizz on those humid summer days. However, take it a step farther this summer by braiding your hair after securing it in a high ponytail. Then simply twist the braid into a bun and secure with a few pins. This is a super easy way to kick up those lazy hair days.
Which of these summer hairstyles do you think you’ll rock most often this season? You can keep your hair looking gorgeous all year long by shopping for everything you need at our beauty supply store online! You’ll find your favorite brands like Eufora, DevaCurl and more at the best prices at Pandora Beauty.