Has shine ever NOT been on trend? Not really. Shiny hair, skin and nails have always been thought of as attractive because they are a sign of youthfulness and good health. But high-shine looks are especially hot right now. If Mother Nature hasn’t gifted you with lustrous, shiny hair or glowing, radiant, healthy skin, never fear! There are plenty of tricks of the beauty trade to amp up your shine.
Shine Starts on the Inside
When we say that shine starts on the inside, we’re not talking about that, “Real beauty comes from a kind heart” stuff. (Although you are more beautiful when you smile, and a kind heart certainly never hurt anyone’s attractiveness.) We’re talking about the fact that if you are in poor health, dehydrated or lacking in the daily nutrients that your body needs, it will show in your appearance. If your hair, skin and nails are looking dry and dull, first take a look at your diet and lifestyle.
- Are you dehydrated? Getting adequate hydration has a huge effect on your hair, skin and nails. Be sure to drink 8 glasses of water per day, more if you also drink coffee and alcohol.
- Are you getting enough sleep? If your body is tired, so is your skin, and it will show. Try to get the recommended 8 hours every night if you can.
- Are you getting all the nutrients you need? Most of us don’t get all the daily vitamins and minerals that are recommended by doctors. Take a daily supplement like Phyto Phytophanere that is specially formulated for hair, skin and nails to ensure that your body has what it needs to grow and repair itself.
Give Mother Nature a shine boost
There are numerous beauty products on the market to help you amp up the shine in your look. Here are a few of our faves:
- Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray. There is a reason that the argan-based products of Moroccanoil are so popular when it comes to hair shine and smoothing. Spritz a little of this Glimmer Shine Spray and comb through your hair to create a soft, brilliant glossy shine.
- bareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo. The setting powder blurs fine lines and pores, while the finishing powder gives your skin a luminous glow.
- Zoya Metallics Nail Polishes. Zoya’s metallic shades will make your nails shine and glitter like jewels.
- bareMinerals Statement Luxe Shine Lipstick. Available in shade to match any skin tone, this high shine lipstick will get you noticed!
Be sure to check out the full line of beauty supply products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.