Dark spots. Blemishes. Acne scars. You’ve probably looked at all the women in the magazines and wondered, how come they have such perfect skin? Let us let you in on a little secret: Most of them don’t. They just have professional makeup artists who know how to expertly cover up all their issues and make it LOOK like they have perfect skin. And guess what? If you learn a few tricks, you can make your skin look great too. Read on.
How the Celebs and Models Get Perfect-Looking Skin
Achieving flawless-looking skin may seem difficult, but it’s really just a few simple steps and products that you will need, and a little patience to take the time to do it right.
- Start with a primer. Applying a primer to your face prepares your skin to accept the makeup in a way the doesn’t look caked-on. bareMinerals Blemish Remedy Mattifying Prep Gel has the added benefit of helping your skin fight acne and breakouts while it primes!
- Use concealer to cover spots and acne scars. Choose a color to match your skin tone. (If you have dark circles under your eyes, hold off on treating that area until later.) Dermablend makes a great concealer in a variety of shades. Layer the concealer gradually with a fine brush until each spot is completely covered.
- Apply foundation. Brush and blend a layer of all-over foundation onto your face to create a uniform color and texture. For great coverage, we recommend Dermablend Smooth Liquid Camo Foundation. Be sure to blend down into your neck and chest area if those areas will be exposed.
- Apply concealer to under-eye circles. We recommend you do this step AFTER you apply your foundation and that you use a concealer that is just a shade lighter than the rest of your skin.
- Finish with powder. The Performance Wear Powder Foundation from bareMinerals can be used to set and finish your face, or as a replacement for liquid foundation altogether if you prefer. Go a bit lighter on this step if your skin has lines and wrinkles, too much powder can be aging.
- One last tip: Invest in a great foundation brush. To really achieve a smooth and flawless application of your makeup, you need a quality tool like the Dermablend Professional Foundation Brush. It is an absolute must in your beauty toolkit to enable you to blend your foundation into your skin seamlessly.
Check yourself out in the mirror. Your skin should be looking pretty flawless at this point. Now get out there and conquer the world!
Be sure to check out the full line of Phyto hair care products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products at our online discount beauty supply store.