Celebrities like Kylie Jenner, Kerry Washington and Angelina Jolie have made a full, pouty lip the to-die-for on-trend look of every fashion forward beauty maven. But what if you weren’t blessed with full lips and don’t want to undergo painful, expensive injections? Luckily, there are numerous makeup tricks that will give you the appearance of a fuller, luscious pout (without the potential risk of looking like a trout).
Beauty Tricks for a Fuller Lip
- Exfoliate. Dry skin can build up on your lips, making them look cracked and wrinkled. Try brushing lightly with a toothbrush to remove dead skin and improve circulation.
- Use a daily lip plumper. To create a fuller pout that lasts, add a product like GrandeLIPS Hydrating Lip Plumper to your daily beauty routine. Apply once or twice a day for 30 days to see gorgeous results.
- Blur your lip line with foundation or concealer. Apply your foundation a bit over your natural lip line so that when you overdraw your lip color, it will apply more easily and blend undetectably.
- Overdraw your lip border with a lip pencil. Draw a bit outside your natural lip line to create the illusion of larger lips. Choose a color that is a shade lighter than your overall lip color. Try bareMinerals Statement Under Over Lip Liner for perfect lip definition every time.
- Fill in with the color of your choice. If you have used a bit of foundation or concealer over your natural lip line, you can then apply your lip color outside your lip line to the one you have drawn and it will look natural. Use a color that is a shade darker than your lip liner, or simply use the liner to fill in your entire lip.
- Add a spot of lighter color to the center of your lips. Having a light spot in the middle of your lip creates the illusion of light bouncing off this area and makes it look thicker, so that your pout looks nice and plump! Add a lighter shade of lipstick in the center of your lips and blend it in.
- Line lips with a bit of concealer. This will set off your lips even more, making them really pop! We like bareMinerals Bare Skin Complete Coverage Serum Concealer.
- No time? Try a plumping lip gloss. When you just need to quickly get out the door but would still like to have the look of fuller lips, try bareMinerals Moxie Plumping Lip Gloss. It contains naturally derived peptides and minerals to plump and revitalize lips, plus shea, avocado and murumuru butters help to hydrate and smooth.
Go ahead and eat your heart out Kylie Jenner!
Be sure to check out the full line of lip care products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.