No matter what hair type you have, everyone can use a little extra moisture and shine from time to time. This is where using a leave-in conditioner can come into play; to not only help detangle your hair after showering, but to provide some long-lasting, frizz-free moisture that lasts all day long. However, it’s important that you take the time to do some research and understand what leave-conditioner will offer the best results for your hair.
What is Leave-In Conditioner?
Leave-in conditioners work by taming the hair after you’ve already washed and used a traditional rinse-out conditioner in the shower. They are usually water-based, consist of nourishing oils and come in a variety of forms, like sprays, creams or liquids.
Leave-in conditioners provide a variety of benefits to your flowing locks. They not only moisturize beyond your rinse-out conditioner and help you work through those tough tangles, but they also help protect your hair from heated stylers like the blow-dryer, straightener and curling iron. Leave-in conditioners can also make your other products like gels and mousses work better, and they can give your hair a much-needed moisture boost in between washings.
You can find leave-in conditioners everywhere from high-end salons and retailers to your favorite discount beauty supply stores. Of course, we would recommend checking out our wide range of products on our discount beauty website, where you’ll find the products you love at the lowest prices around.
How to Use Leave-In Conditioner
Get the most out of your leave-in conditioner by following these five tips:
- Buy the right product for your hair type. The leave-in conditioner that works for your best friend may not necessarily be right for you. Read the labels to find what products are designed for your type of hair. For example, Lanza KB2 Leave-In Conditioner is designed for chemically-treated or environmentally stressed hair and provides extra proteins to rebuild hair from the inside out. It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Conditioner is great for all hair types, restoring shine and eliminating frizz.
- Follow your normal routine. Shampoo, condition and towel-dry your hair just as you normally would. Then, the next step is to work the leave-in conditioner you’ve selected into your hair. Use a wide-tooth comb to work the conditioner in from roots to ends.
- Pay attention to damaged hair first. If your ends are particularly damaged, for example, concentrate on adding more product to these areas first. Then, make sure you’re applying it evenly throughout the rest of your hair.
- Take a break when necessary. Just like the experts recommend giving your hair a break in between shampoos, you should consider taking a break from conditioning your hair from time to time, too. Using too much conditioner, especially leave-in conditioner, can cause buildup of product that can actually be difficult to cleanse.
- Style as usual! After applying the right kind and amount of leave-in conditioner, your hair is ready to be blow-dried, flat-ironed, curled – or even just air dried to perfection!
Find all your favorite leave-in conditioners for the very best prices at Pandora Beauty! No matter your hair type or budget, we have the product that will work for you at our beauty supply store online.