If you’ve ever done any investigating into methods to create the appearance of thicker hair or hide your thin patches, you’ve probably come across the mention of keratin fibers. There is a good reason why they have become increasingly popular. Hiding balding patches of hair has come a long way from the days when the only camouflage option available was to spray messy makeup directly onto the scalp, which usually looked quite obviously fake. The new technology afforded by keratin fibers is leaps and bounds ahead of those old days in creating naturally thicker-looking hair. But how do they work?
The Amazing Science of Keratin Hair Fibers
Keratin is a protein found naturally in hair. The new generation of thickening agents are actual short fibers made of keratin charged with static electricity, which causes them to bind strongly to your natural hair in a seamless way, creating the appearance of thicker hair. Even when viewed close up, the fibers are undetectable and you simply look as if you have healthy, thick hair. The fibers will remain anchored to your hair even through wind, rain and perspiration.
Choosing a Keratin Hair Fiber System
Some hair fiber products use cheaper, imitation ingredients that do not hold up well, or look natural. Hair fibers made from real, high-quality keratin will give you the most natural-looking and longest-lasting results. We recommend the XFusion line of high-grade, pure keratin fibers. XFusion is a line of products by Toppik, a longtime leader in the industry of hair thickening agents. Just getting started with trying keratin fibers? Here are some products you will want to have:
- XFusion Keratin Hair Fibers. This is where it all begins. Choose from nine different shades that will blend with any hair color.
- XFusion Spray Applicator. One of the things that makes XFusion’s keratin fibers so natural-looking is their unique spray applicator that disperses the fibers more uniformly and gives greater control than simply shaking the fibers out of the bottle. This is a must have!
- XFusion Hairline Optimizer. If you will be filling in the area around your hairline, the Optimizer is another must-have. The irregular teeth help create a natural-looking hairline with no obvious straight lines, and keeps the fibers from falling onto your forehead.
- XFusion Fiberhold Spray. To strengthen the bond between fibers and hair and ensure that your look stands up to all conditions, finish everything off with this spray which increases the magnetic attraction of fibers to hair.
- XFusion Shampoo, Conditioner and Fattener. To get even more benefits from your keratin fibers, consider incorporating XFusion’s wet line into your daily regimen to add body, shine and fullness to thin, limp hair.
Be sure to check out the full line of XFusion hair care products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.