If you’re like many other consumers today, you have become more and more aware of the impact that your buying decisions can make on the world around you. People are being more thoughtful than ever before about their everyday purchases, considering the impact the products and packaging have on the environment and their own health. This extends to beauty products such as shampoo, conditioner, styling products and treatments.
We all want to feel good about the products we buy and no one wants to feel like they are part of the problem when it comes to overcrowded landfills and pollution. We also want to feel good about the products we use on ourselves and not worry about whether they could be harmful to our health. Luckily there are some brands that are paying attention and leading the way to a more eco-conscious beauty culture.
The leaders in natural and eco-friendly beauty products
In 1965, long before the arrival of environmental awareness when words like “botanical,” “green” and “sustainable” became trendy, hairstylist Patrick Ales launched his first few plant-based hair care products under the name Phyto. As a young apprentice hairstylist in the 1950s, Ales had noticed how harsh and damaging the available chemically-laden hair care products were, and this sparked his lifelong journey to discover and create products and techniques to treat hair in a more natural and gentler way.
- Phyto has been a leader in using natural, gentle botanicals in the treatment of hair.
Another great brand committed to being natural and sustainable is Alterna. They launched in 1997 with a vision of premium hair care products free of additives and harsh ingredients. Alterna has always been about purity and innovation inspired by skincare science. In addition:
- Alterna uses eco-certified ingredients that are sustainably harvested.
- Their hair care products are made with natural, non-harsh ingredients like caviar, sea silk, bamboo, and kendi oil.
- Alterna products are free of sulfates, parabens and synthetic color.
- Alterna never tests on animals and does not formulate with gluten.
One of the most eco-conscious brands available today is L’ANZA. They have comprehensive Green Policies that govern everything they do and the partners that they work with. Some of the ways L’ANZA ensures that their business practices support a healthy and sustainable earth:
- L’ANZA’s bottles, cartons and packages are made from recycled and post-consumer materials, and their bottles are recyclable.
- Their products are cruelty-free and they do not test on animals.
- L’ANZA uses organic, certified organic, non-GMO and wildcrafted botanicals in their products whenever possible.
- Their products have reduced VOCs and contain no ozone-depleting ingredients.
- L’ANZA purchases its ingredients from sources that use renewable, sustainable growing and harvesting practices.
- They even use electric and hybrid vehicles and solar and wind power whenever possible!
Be sure to check out the full lines of Phyto, Alterna and L’ANZA hair care products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.