Our Fragrance Gift-Giving Guide Giving fragrance as a gift never goes out of style. Why are colognes and perfumes still such timeless gifts? First of all, fragrance is a luxury. Perfumes and colognes aren’t necessities and not everyone thinks to buy it and treat themselves in that way. Therefore a gift of fragrance says to the receiver, “I think you are special and deserve to pamper yourself.” Scents also trigger memories and emotions in a very primal way. This makes fragrances quite a personal gift.
How Do You Pick a Fragrance to Give as a Gift?
Unless you already know what fragrance your intended recipient wears and likes, it can be challenging to choose a scent that they will love to wear. It helps to think about their sense of style, what types of foods they like and what their favorite activities are. A beach lover will probably enjoy fresh scents. A romantic will likely be drawn to florals. If they love their sweets, you can’t go wrong with vanilla.
Fragrance Ideas for Your Special Someone
Find the personality of your friend, family member or significant other below for some ideas on scents we think they’ll love.
- The Bold Sensualist. She is passionate about good food, the feel of fine quality fabric on her skin and luxury. Try Michael Kors with its intense mix of woods, florals and incense.
- The Social Butterfly. She’s the life of the party, and nothing makes her happier than spending time with friends. Try Angel by Thierry Mugler with its blend of vanilla, sandalwood and fruits, it exudes friendliness and draws people in.
- The Girly-Girl. She’d never wear pants when she could wear a dress, pink is her favorite color and no one ever called her a tomboy. Try the oh-so-floral and feminine scent, Jean-Paul Gaultier Classique. Even the bottle is girly!
- The Traditionalist. She minds her Ps and Qs, she knows which fork to use, and she always sends thank-you notes. Try the self-titled scent by Carolina Herrera with its formal blend of orange blossom, rosewood and jasmine.
- The Outdoorsman. His idea of the perfect vacation is a tent, a campfire and a fishing pole. Try Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana. He’s sure to love its herby/woody scent.
- The Intellectual. He’s well-read. He loves to debate ideas. He likes films with subtitles. Try the complex mix of floral, herbs with hints of the Orient found in Paul Sebastian.
- The Everyman. He doesn’t usually think much about things like fashion or trendiness and he wouldn’t know a $10 wine from a $100 one. You can’t go wrong with the fresh, masculine scent of Drakkar Noir, still one of the most popular colognes after almost 40 years.
These are just a few ideas for delicious scents to gift to your loved ones this holiday season. Be sure to check out the many other fragrance products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.