There’s nothing like a trip to the spa to pamper yourself with a soothing facial and pedicure. But the cost of a trip to the salon for these kind of treatments can really add up. A DIY spa day at home can be the next best thing and won’t break the bank. This is a great way to pamper yourself, or invite a friend for a fun and relaxing girls’ night in!
Planning the Perfect DIY Spa Day
Put on some relaxing music, light a few candles and follow these steps for a simple and invigorating at-home facial and pedicure.
- Cleanse your face. To get your skin super clean and exfoliated, try bareMinerals Skinsorials Double Cleansing Brush . It will gently slough away dead skin cells and leave your skin primed for the next steps.
- Steam your face. A nice large ceramic bowl will do. Pour in hot water (not boiling hot as the steam can actually burn your skin if it’s too hot), and lean over the bowl for a few minutes with a towel over your head to create a nice steam bath. This will open your pores and soften your skin to make it more receptive to the skin treatments.
- Apply a mud mask. We like Ahava’s Mineral Mud Mask. Depending on your skin’s needs, you can choose either “Brightening and Hydrating” if your skin is looking dry and dull, or “Clearing” if you have acne-prone skin. Leave it on for about 10 minutes.
- Soak feet. While you are letting your mud mask do its work, this is a great time to soak your feet in warm water to prepare them for your pedicure later.
- Cleanse face. Use a gentle toner like Ahava’s All-In-One Toning Cleanser to remove all traces of the mask.
- Apply moisturizer. Finish with a soothing and light face cream like Strivectin Radiance Refining Moisturizer for hydration, skin brightening and evening out your skin tone.
- Pumice feet. Time for your pedicure! Use a pumice stone like Mr. Pumice Pumi Bar to remove dead and calloused skin from feet.
- Trim and shape your nails. Tweezerman makes excellent, high-quality clippers, nail files and more. Push back any overgrown cuticles and shape nails.
- Apply foot cream. Soothe your tired tootsies with a rich, hydrating lotion like Ahava Mineral Foot Cream. The Dead Sea minerals and Avocado and Jojoba Oils do wonders to heal dry, cracked skin.
- Polish those nails! Finish off your feet with a pretty polish by Zoya. Toenails really take a beating, so be sure to start with a good base coat and finish off with a strong top coat to keep those toes looking pretty for a long time.
Ahhh…don’t you feel more relaxed now? You’re welcome!
Be sure to check out the full line of at-home spa, facial and pedicure products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.