As colder weather is approaching, it is especially important to pay more attention to protecting and thoroughly moisturizing your hair. The wind and cold air play havoc on your hair, drying it and increasing the likelihood of breakage and split ends. One of the best ways to counteract the damaging effects of the weather and dry, heated rooms is to use a secret weapon well known to celebrity stylists, and that is the power of a weekly hair mask (or hair masque).
The benefits of a weekly hair mask
When you find that your daily conditioner just isn’t cutting it and your hair needs an extra dose of hydration, a weekly deep conditioning mask is just the ticket. Not only will it protect and soften your hair, but it can also repair damaged hair, smoothing and restoring the hair fiber and bringing back its natural shine.
Choosing a mask that’s right for you
All of the hair masks/masques below will hydrate, soften and protect your hair, but are additionally specially formulated for the needs listed.
- Curly hair. Try Phyto PhytoSpecific Curl Hydration Mask designed to soften and keep the bounce in your curls.
- Especially rebellious, unruly hair. Hair that just can’t seem to be tamed? Try L'oreal Professionnel Serie Nature Masque Aux Huiles.
- Color-treated hair. Protect and boost your color by choosing Matrix Biolage Colorlast Mask.
- Styling damaged hair. Repair breakage and dryness caused by blow drying and heat styling with Fekkai PrX Reparatives Intensive Fortifying Mask.
- Frizzy hair. Look to the experts in anti-frizz and apply Moroccanoil Smoothing Mask .
- Fine hair. Yes, you can still benefit from a mask if you have fine hair. A great choice is L'oreal Professionnel Serie Nature Masque Cacao Masque.
- Thinning hair. Be extra gentle to thinning hair. Use StriVectin Hair Ultimate Restore Deep Repair Mask for Damaged or Thinning Hair.
How to Use a Hair Mask
- Shampoo and towel dry your hair.
- While hair is still damp, apply the mask from root to tip, working in sections. Do not comb it through. You are better off to simply massage it into scalp and hair as much as possible and then leave the mask alone to do its work.
- Wrap a hot towel around your head and leave the mask in place for at least 20 minutes. If your hair is especially dry and damaged, you can sleep in the towel overnight, allowing the mask to really penetrate into your hair.
- Lather the mask using cool water and gently rinse your hair clean. Your hair should feel much softer and more manageable.
We recommend that you use a hair masque at least once per week, but you can certainly use more often as needed!
Be sure to check out the full line of hair care products available on our website. We guarantee that all beauty lines offered are 100% authentic, never from a third-party, and are items that our beauty team uses on our own hair and skin. Plus, Pandora Beauty offers some of the best prices available on all your favorite salon-quality products.